Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, November 02, 2009

"Are you trapped?"


I walked into our garage one day and found a sparrow flying around. So I opened the door for him to fly out, but he wouldn’t. He simply flew around the room, lighting at the windows, but not stopping at the door.

So I opened a window about half way. I walked around behind him, moving him to the window. He perched on the window in the same spot he had before, on the window frame, just above the opening.

So I stepped toward him and he flew to the other window, again ignoring the open door. I opened the window all the way this time, and moved toward him again. This time he saw the open window, flew through it, and perched outside on a tree limb. I stuck my head out of the window to check on him. He turned toward me, peeped a couple of times, and flew off.

And I thought about how patient God is with me, opening numerous opportunities to make a life, not just a living, and helping me finally find one I can see my way through. Then I peep a prayer of thanks and go on with my day.

Peep a prayer of your thanks to God today as you make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home