Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, October 26, 2009

"Do you persevere?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!


Our family was camping in the Appalachian Mountains. We enjoyed cooking our evening meals over an open campfire so each night, I built a nice fire. Well, for two evenings in a row, a rainstorm blew up and drowned my beautiful campfire.

So the third evening rolls around and this time I’m prepared. “No rainstorm’s gonna drown my fire tonight,” I said, as I built not a campfire, but a bonfire. I mean, it was huge. I was determined my girls were going to eat a hot meal. So I’ve got this roaring blaze going and the rain starts. And it rains and rains and rains, but it doesn’t drown my fire. Between rain bursts, I jump out of the tent, hot dogs on skewers, and cook them.

Sometimes it seems like no matter what you do, something comes along to dowse it. Rain falls on your campfire, your parade, and everything else. Face such challenges with courage and insight.

Decide what you can do to guarantee success. Then pray and persevere even through the rain as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.


Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home