Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, August 30, 2009

"How big is your world?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

I received an email from a friend recently whom I met when I spoke to a group of volunteers from the hospital where she works. She complimented my presentation, remarked about how much she enjoys reading Today’s Story, particularly one titled, “Do you complain or marvel?”

She had promised herself that she wouldn’t complain about how often she “had to” mow her lawn. You see, after reading that story, she received an email image of a soldier in Iraq, stooping down in front of his tent, cutting a patch of grass with scissors. That’s right, scissors.

“Boy was that picture a rude awakening,” she wrote. “In the coming months, I hope that I will remember that image every time I feel like complaining, and that I will happily start the mower with a prayer because I have the freedom to enjoy the beauty of a nicely cut lawn.”

It’s pretty easy to complain about your life when you’re only gazing into your own life. But when you look up at the world around, a different perspective emerges. Ask God to enlarge your world view as you listen to life today.

Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home