Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, August 16, 2009

"The unexpected happens, doesn’t it?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

 One early morning recently, I ran out of the house to jump in the car and go to a meeting. I had little time to spare so I was moving along quickly.

I got in my car, cranked it, backed out of the garage, and headed down the driveway. I drove along to my meeting when I heard a “thump, thump, thump” and got that dreaded “This can’t be good” feeling in the pit of my stomach. Oh yea, I had a flat tire.

So I detoured over to a tire shop, had it checked, and they found a screw in the tire which they removed and repaired the tire. I made it to the meeting before it ended, but I was late which I don’t enjoy being.

Of course, when you’re late and waiting for something unexpected to be fixed, it seems like it takes forever. Of course, it doesn’t, but I took a moment to remind myself, “There’s no blood. You’re not having a heart attack or a stroke. And no one has cancer. God is good to you.” That helped me stay calm.

Life seems dominated at times by unexpected experiences. Stay calm as you wait by listening to your life and making a life, not just a living.

Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home