Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Do you take life for granted?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!


So I get up one early morning on my way to a meeting and discover a flat tire. Then I get up the next morning, early again, to go to a meeting and discover the same tire flat. So what do you think I did the third morning?

I got up even earlier to allow time for the unexpected. I walked into the garage and stared at the tire that was the culprit the two previous mornings. It wasn’t flat! So I walked around to the other three tires and checked them. They were all just fine.

I drove on to my office and thought to myself, “How many mornings do I take for granted that all of my tires are fine? And that the car will start right away? And that everything will run just fine?” I decided that I take my car running smoothly for granted.

What do you take for granted in your life? Or, maybe an even better question is, “Who do you take for granted in your life?”

God keeps life running smoothly most days. But if you’re like me, I take God for granted, too. So listen to life and thank God for your life today…especially when your life’s not flat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home