Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Do you laugh enough?"


So I get up two mornings in a row to discover the same tire flat. I manage to stay calm by listening to my life and getting some God-perspective on life--“There’s no blood. You’re not having a heart attack or a stroke. And no one has cancer. God is good to you.” And I kept my mouth shut and didn’t say anything stupid to the guy who repaired the tire the first time so I can go back there again.

I wrote a little something on my Facebook page about this experience. The first day I received a bit of sympathy. The second day when the same tire when flat again, my “friends” started kidding me with comments like, “Putting air in a tire that keeps going flat—is that the definition of insanity?” and “My grandfather always said that the first time the mule kicks you, it’s shame on the mule. The second time it’s shame on you” and “Dr. Joey, is it time to get a new tire?”

All of which I thought was funny; in fact, hilarious. You know, with friends like these, I’ll go far in life, don’t you think?

Laugh at the unexpected and take it in stride, with God’s help, as you make a life, not just a living.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous V.Britt said...

Recently I was to teach a class on prayer and fasting. This of course is an area of which in the past few months I have been slack in my personal life for whatever reason. I prayed, asking how can I teach something I myself am slack in doing? And how do I teach on such a vast subject in only 45 minutes? It was as if God was laughing with me, because the answer to my prayer was: FAST AND PRAY! DUH!!!! Talking about laughing at yourself. I embarrassed my own self and could only laugh myself to tears.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home