Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, August 24, 2009

"How gracious are you?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

I love speaking to business groups because, after my presentation, I hang around and talk with the people there, and hear some hilarious stories about customers and the wonderful opportunities that sales associates have for being gracious. I hear these great stories especially from retail associates.

It seems that one day a lady went shopping downtown. She saw a dress in a store window she really liked. She went into the store, found the last one in her size, then went over to the sales associate and said, “I want this dress, and it’s the last one in my size. I don’t have an account with your store, so would you take my personal check?”

The sales associate told her, “Sure, if you can identify yourself.”

The lady reached down into her purse, pulled out a little pocket mirror, looked at it, and then said, “Yep, it’s me, all right.”

The sales associate said, “You’re right, now do you have a driver’s license I can see?”

I can only hope that the next time I do something like that, it’s with a sales associate like this one who obviously listens to life and makes a life, not just a living.

Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home