Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

"Is perfection an option for you?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

 The Journal of Health Psychology published a report based on a six-and-a-half year study of Canadians that finds that perfectionists are about 51% more likely to die earlier than those who give themselves a break.

The study suggests that the stress and inner turmoil of doing life “just right” created a lifestyle that ends life more quickly than for those who have a more relaxed disposition.

It seems to me, as I listen to my life, that earlier in my life I did try very, very hard to do life “just right.” As if, “just right” was possible.

Now, I’m more concerned with “good enough is good enough.” And my productivity is higher and my family says my personality is easier to live with.

What created the change for me? I realized one day that if I can do life “just right,” I really have no need for God to forgive me, redeem my efforts, and transform my life. So I’m listening to life so I can make a life of forgiveness, redemption, and transformation that I can share with you. This much I can do right.

Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home