Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Do you keep trying?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

 Yesterday I told you my story about discovering the treasure of the fawn lying within just a few feet of where I had walked through our horse pasture. I saw the fawn only because it tried to stand.

The first flash of brown I saw was from it trying to stand…and so was the second, only this time it actually stood. I watched as its wobbly, new-born legs worked to hold it up. I wasn’t sure it could make it, but the legs locked in, and the fawn stood. She took a step or two away from me, trying out her new legs to see if they worked.

Then she ran ten yards or so, stopped and turned around to look at me. I couldn’t tell if she was checking out my location, or saying, “See! My legs do work!” And off she ran again, into the woods.

I’m like this fawn sometimes, aren’t you? I learn by falling down, then getting up again. I jump up to face a new challenge, and fall down. Then I try again, make it for a while, then turn to see where I am; all the while asking God for strength to go. Keep trying as you face new challenges and make a life today.

Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home