Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"What's your attitude?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

So I’m on my tractor, enjoying time in God’s gorgeous world, mowing our horse pastures with no distractions from my office phone or cell phone, or email or text messages. It was an absolute joy to be outdoors, until…

…I’m mowing along in some pretty thick grass and weeds. I turn the tractor sharply to avoid a large rock. And as I did, I hit another rock which, unbeknown to me, lobbed up in the air, and hit me on my right jaw.

Well, of course, I was shocked. “How could this happen?” I thought. “I’ve been mowing this pasture for ten years and nothing like this had ever happened.”

So I stopped the tractor and rubbed my jaw. No blood. Then I opened my mouth. It opened fine. I shut my mouth. It shut fine. Then I opened and shut it several times and it was fine.

Then my shock and disbelief turned immediately into gratitude. I realized it could have been much, much worse. And I thanked God that I was okay.

Be sure to keep a “It could have been worse” attitude. Sure, bad things happen to you, but God is with you. Keep God close and make a life today.

Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home