Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, June 21, 2009

"How are you on the inside?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

 I have an oak tree on our farm that’s pretty old, around 135 years old. And to be that old, it looks pretty good. Sure, it’s got a few gnarly places, but it’s leaves are still green and all appears well…

…at least I thought all was well until recently when a huge limb fell off. It crashed through a section of board fencing around a horse pasture. I surveyed the damage, chainsaw in hand, before I started cutting up the fallen piece. Lots of smaller limbs grew from the large limb. And those smaller limbs had lots of green leaves. That section of the oak tree gave the appearance of good health, from all outward signs. But when I looked at the end that broke off from the tree, it was rotten on the inside. Then I looked up 20 feet or so where it broke off from the tree, and it was completely eaten away, from the inside out.

You could be like my oak tree—appear healthy on the outside and be sick on the inside. Give less energy and attention to your appearance today and more to your relationship with God as you make a life, not just a living.

Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home