Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Are you cool?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

 A few years ago Jake, a yellow lab puppy came to live with our family. Jake preferred to be outdoors so my wife put out a water bowl for him. He drank a little water out of it, then, being a lab, tried to get in it. Of course, he turned it over immediately, spilling all the water.

Next my wife put out a five-gallon bucket full of water for Jake, placing it in a milk crate, hoping to secure it better. What does Jake do? Drink a little, put both front paws in it, and pulled it over, spilling all the water—again.

So my wife gets a plastic kiddie pool, fills it with water, thinking that Jake can both get in it and drink from it. Guess what he did? Jake chewed holes in the hard-plastic sides of the pool and all the water leaked out.

Sometimes I’m like Jake. All I have to do is to enjoy the cool refreshment God offers me in the heat of life, but I don’t know how. I spill it, or pull it over, or mess it up.  

What about you? If you’ll listen to your life, you’ll discover that God really wants you to enjoy life. It’s yours for the taking. So be cool and enjoy life God’s way today.

Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home