Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Are you within reach of God’s touch?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

A friend of mine leads a ministry called Friends of Barnabas (www.fobf.org). It’s a medical missions ministry that makes the world a little better, one child at a time by providing medical care, including surgeries, in an underserved part of Honduras.

Recently in his newsletter he shared about a little boy, Jeffrey, who was a “misbehaving little boy until his father came to hold him. He settled right down. Jeffrey is blind.” For Jeffrey, his father is his everything.

I read this story about Jeffrey and I listened to my life, remembering times when I misbehaved, or was anxious, or just couldn’t get settled in my life. Usually it was because I was doing life by myself, out on my own; trying to do life “my way.” I was outside of my Heavenly Father’s presence and touch. I moved away from God being my everything.

Then I remembered recovering from such choices in my life. Life became good again when God was my everything and I was within reach of God’s touch.

As you listen to your life, are you within reach of God’s touch?

Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home