Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, April 02, 2009

"Life changes fast, doesn’t it?"


When this big snowfall happened, and the power went out, and the trees fell, I’m cleaning them up with some God-sent help, my wife measured how much fell and I discovered varying amounts nearby, listening to my life about how much diversity God creates daily.

Well, less than a week after this ten inch snowfall that prompts me to listen to my life in so many wonderful ways, the temperature climbs to 82 degrees. That’s right, in less than a week, we went from ten inches of snow and a low of 18 to the snow is all melted, the jonquils are blooming, the birds are singing and I’m sweating while gardening outside.

Life changes about that fast, too, doesn’t it? One day everything is fine in your life. In less than a week, sometimes less than a day, someone you love gets a cancer diagnosis or is involved in a car accident or some other tragedy occurs. And you wonder, “How can life be so good and then become so bad?”

Even when your life changes that fast, God is there; celebrating the beautiful days and carrying you through the ugly ones as you make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home