Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"It's the little things in life, isn't it?"


I visited a friend with cancer in the hospital. I had just walked in when the nurse appeared in the doorway, and said to my friend, “I’m sorry we don’t have any.”

My friend looked at me and said, “I’ll bet you’re wondering what I requested. Toothpicks. I asked if they had any toothpicks. I just love my toothpicks after I eat.”

I thought to myself walking down the hall after our visit, “There she is, dying from cancer, and all she wants is a toothpick.” And as I rode down the elevator, the thought hit me, “Go get her a box of toothpicks. It’s such a little thing.”

So I went to the grocery store, bought a box of toothpicks, and went back to the hospital, where she was eating her supper, and said, “I have just what you’ll want after your meal” and I handed her the toothpicks.I’ll always remember her look of surprise, and her laughter. You see, it’s the little things in life that you hear about when you listen to life today for what God has to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home