Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, November 24, 2008

"Things aren't always as they seem, are they?"


I walked by it several times. Each time I stared at it, wanting to touch it, but deciding against it. It just begged to be plucked. But it wasn’t mine so I didn’t disturb it. But I wanted to, just to play one of its strings to see what it sounded like. So I did. I plucked one of the strings, but it made no sound. I decided it was just for looks, a piece of furniture, not a real musical instrument.

Finally my friend with whom I was staying asked, "So what do you think of my double bass?"

"Um, yea," I said. "It’s nice."

"Doesn’t play though," my friend said, "because…" and he reached over to one side of it and swung it open, "it’s a CD holder." Inside of the so-called "double bass" were lots of CDs, stored out of site. The double bass is really a piece of furniture, designed to store, not play, music.

Things aren’t always as they seem, are they? Before you gave up on something that doesn’t work in your opinion, discover a little more information. You may be surprised by what God has in store for the music of your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home