Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Are you making a life?"


Last month my wife and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary. I wondered with you what I would do for an encore to our most excellent 25th celebration.

Well, in response to that story, I received an email from a friend whom I’ve never met except through email. She’s in an assisted living facility now and I’d guess her age is around 90.

She wrote, "Best wishes for a very happy anniversary. May you have many, many more. Old age is great!"

What you don’t know is that her husband is deceased and she lives near her children. She sold off many of her possessions in downsizing to an apartment. She’s outlived most of her peers. She hurts daily in places she didn’t know she had previously.

And yet, she’s taken the time and energy to learn how to email. She’s emailing me, someone she’s never met.
She’s wishing me many, many more anniversaries. And she says, "Old age is great!"

I’d say she knows how to make a life, not just a living, wouldn’t you?

(Discover how you can Stay Married Forever at www.StayMarriedForever.org.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home