Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Do you eat dessert first?"


I recently did a speaking engagement with a group about, "How to Be Positive in a Negative World." A luncheon preceded my presentation.

I enjoyed the conversation around the table while the servers came around to the various tables. I didn’t really notice what the servers were doing…

…until one arrived at our table. She placed in front of me a lovely slice of strawberry swirl cheesecake. Now understand that there was no soup or salad in front of me. And she had not placed an entrée down. The first item she put on my placemat was a slice of cheesecake.

Well, I love cheesecake. So I looked at the cheesecake and said to myself, "Why not?," picked up my dessert fork, and began eating my cheesecake.

The conversation grew quiet around our table and I realized they were staring at me. So between bites, I said, "Life is short. Eat dessert first." And pretty soon I wasn’t the only one eating cheesecake first.

Enjoy the life God gives you, every moment of it, as you make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home