Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, October 20, 2008

"Got change?"


My younger brother and I were together at a speaking engagement I did recently which was a real treat for me. He’s only about three years younger than me so we have lots of great memories of growing up years.

I had spoken to this group before. A woman approached my brother before the presentation began and said, "Are you here with Dr. Joey?" My brother said he was and she said, "We just love Dr. Joey. Now are you his son or his brother?" Of course my brother loved that and couldn’t wait to tell me.

Later he sent me an email story about a woman who went back to college at 87 years young. She spoke to her school’s football banquet and said, "If you are 19 years old and lie in bed for one full year and don’t do one productive thing, you will turn 20 years old. If I am 87 years old and stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn 88. Anybody can turn older. The idea is to grow up by always finding opportunity in change."

She’s right, you know. Since growing older brings change, where’s your opportunity to grow up? Ask God and then listen to your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home