Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"How's your child inside?"


I told you about a month ago about my being accustomed to receiving free coffee with my breakfast, but now I’m getting a free beverage with lunch. And when I told my wife about it, she said, "Promise me you’ll keep that little kid alive in you forever; no matter how many senior beverages you get."

Well, a social worker in a nursing home emailed me to say, "Your wife is right about the kid inside of you. I play for our local senior coed softball team and we are all over 50 years of age. I turned 52 last week and am considered young as we have two players in their 70s. I catch for our pitcher who is 79 and this season he took two line drive hits that would have knocked a younger man to the ground. He is still farming and watching him on the ball field is truly inspirational." Then she wrote, "You are only as old as the child inside."

This social worker listens to her life and has discovered that ageless part of herself—the image and likeness of God inside of her. You can, too! Just listen to life like a child and make a life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home