Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Is today your anniversary?"


It’s really hard for me to believe it. I don’t know what’s the most difficult to believe about it—that I’ve been alive that long or that there’s that much grace and patience so freely given by one person.

Oh, what I’m talking about is today is my 26th wedding anniversary.

There’s no denying I’m old enough to be married for 26 years. In fact, I regularly get asked, "Oh, is this your oldest daughter?" when my wife is with me. And there’s no denying that my wife has that much grace and patience. She says that in all of these 26 years she’s never once thought about divorcing me. Now, she freely admits she considered murdering me a few times, but that’s another matter altogether.

I’ve called my congressman numerous times, trying to get either the Medal of Honor or the Purple Heart for my wife. He says it’s just for people who served our country. I assured him my wife has!

Today thank God for the grace and patience you receive as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living!

(Go to www.StayMarriedForever.org and discover how you can celebrate your 26th anniversary and beyond…)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home