Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"What do you do for an encore?"


My wife and I enjoy our 26th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Last month I was thinking to myself, "What do you do for an encore?"

Last year, we enjoyed a vow renewal with the minister in the church where we were married, walked around the college campus where we first met and dated. Then we came home to a party with about 100 friends, a band, and a barbecue. The next day we spent the night where we honeymooned. Then we drove to DC and watched our nephew, Dan Uggla, start at second base against the Washington Nationals. What an anniversary!

But that was the 25th. You’re supposed to blow it out for that. So what do you for an encore?

Then I read this little sentence: "You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to that one person."

While last year was fun and I would do it all over again, this year I’m going to show my wife that she is the world to me. How? I’ve been listening to life with her and she’s told me everything I need to know.

(Go to www.StayMarriedForever.org and discover how you can celebrate your 26th anniversary and beyond…)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home