Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Who do you know?"


As my wife boards dogs, occasionally she’ll ask our daughters or me to help out if she must be gone. So we do and we always make sure the dogs get to know us first.

That’s important because most of the time my wife is the one who cares for the dogs—feeding, exercising, and even bathing them. So the dogs know her really well. You don’t bite the hand that feeds you, or exercises or bathes you, right?

What we’ve discovered is that the best way to introduce us to the dogs is for my wife to accompany us. She introduces us to the dogs. We even sit down beside her in the kennel and pet the dog while he’s in her lap.

So as we did this routine recently, I listened to my life and thought about the people I can introduce to God. Not that God will bite, you understand, but some folks just aren’t so sure about God. They think they have to be perfect to meet God. As I introduce them to the God that I know, then they can make a life, and not just a living, also. Introduce God to your friends as you listen to life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home