Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, August 25, 2008

"Do you trust God?"


I came home recently to discover a puppy boarding with us. This one was a chocolate lab named Hershey. My wife told me about the little girl that shares her home with Hershey. This little girl loves her puppy very, very much and wasn’t so sure about leaving "her Hershey" with someone she didn’t know. She asked my wife questions like, "Will you feed her?"

"Yes," my wife said patiently.

"Will you play with her?"

Again, my wife said, "Yes."

"Can I see where she’ll sleep?"

"Of course," my wife said and showed her the kennel.

"She likes treats."

"I’ll make sure she gets her treats," my wife told her.

And with that the little girl was satisfied. She was trusting something important to her to someone else and wanted to make sure everything was fine.

Are you that way with God sometimes; playing "20 Questions" with God before you trust? Go ahead. Ask God all the questions you want about your important life. Then be sure to listen to life and make a life, not just a living so you can trust God completely and know everything is fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home