Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Is it really all good?"


I was talking with a guy who’s on one of our teams about certain sayings like "It’s all good." He said, "You know, life’s not all good all the time. Life is tough sometimes. What if your brother’s in jail? Or, your mother’s in Iraq? Or, your father has cancer? That’s not all good, is it?"

"No," I said. "I can’t see how that’s all good. Especially when you’re helpless to change any of it."

"Exactly," he said. "So what’s all good about it?"

"Well, maybe the saying isn’t so much about the external state of things. Maybe it’s more about your attitude and that’s something you can control," I said.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

And I told him, "I heard Paul Harvey say once, ‘I have never seen a monument erected to a pessimist.’ Maybe ‘It’s all good’ is about being an optimist, believing against belief, hoping against hope that somehow God is still in charge of the universe and it’s all going to turn out okay. After all," I told him, "pessimism paralyzes. Optimism optimizes."

Is your life all good? Listen to it and make a life with God’s help today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home