Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, September 21, 2008

"How’s it been going since we last talked?"


I was coaching a client recently and began by asking, "Well, how’s it been going since we last talked?" She launched into a litany of things gone wrong—"This is wrong," "That is wrong," and "This and that are wrong."

So I followed up with questions like, "Well, why is that?" and "Is there anything you can do about it?" and we went through her entire list of a good life gone bad.

Pretty soon she said, "I think I know where you’re going. The only thing I can change here is how I look at all of these situations, isn’t it?"

"Sure sounds that way to me," I said. "Change your thoughts and you change your world."

When I said that her voice brightened as she said, "Will you help me put together a plan to change my thoughts?"

"We just started," I said.

When you listen to life, you discover that some things just don’t turn out the way you want. But you can change your thoughts and change your world with God’s help when you make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home