Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Have you ever done something wrong…and not known it until later?"


Recently I was on my tractor at our farm, cutting the weeds in the horse pasture. I was cutting as close to our five-strand electric fence as I could to get the weeds off of the fence. It was really hot, and I took off my hat and wiped my head and forehead, and all the while kept driving the tractor. As I wiped my forehead, I drove the tractor a little too close to the electric fence.

I snagged one of the strands and didn’t know it. I turned the tractor and noticed that it wasn’t moving as easily. So I looked back, and saw that I had not only snagged the wire, but pulled it so hard that it popped at the corner post. And I didn’t even know it. All I could do was call the fence guy to come and repair it.

Have you ever done something wrong…and not known it until later? If you’re like me, I felt pretty stupid about it. But when I called the fence guy, his wife said to me, "Well Joey, you’re certainly not the first person to do that."

I felt better when she said that and thought about God’s grace. She helped me remember that with God, mistakes aren’t fatal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home