Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Do you know who you’re helping?"


A friend lives in a retirement community. Now when I say "friend," please understand that I’ve never actually met her face-to-face. She listens to life with you and me everyday through our website at www.ListentoLife.org and we email one another regularly.

She tells me she’s not physically as active as she once was, but I assure her that while I’m much younger, I’m not as active either. And then I get an email from her recently. It seems she shares Listen to Life on the Internet with a friend of hers. She sends me a forward of her friend’s email with this heading—"This is another life you have touched. [Mary] just lost her son to suicide." In the forward, [Mary] tells something of the pain she’s experiencing and how Listen to Life helps her through it.

I’ll most likely never meet [Mary] either and while I’m humbled by her strength gained from these stories, it’s really not about me helping her. It’s about my friend sharing the stories that God gives me.

Amazing who you can help when you give God all the credit, isn’t it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home