Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Do you play well?"


Why is it that when I play golf, and step up to the tee box, all of a sudden, I think I’m Tiger Woods and can drive the ball into the next county? Rather than hit a decent drive straight, and lay up before the creek, I think I can drive over the creek. I lose my mind and delude myself into thinking that I can be on the green in two when the course designer laid it out for three. So, there I go, not listening to the designer, thinking I know more about golf than he did, not managing the course but instead doing golf my way and there goes my little white ball into the creek. So then I’m lying two with a penalty shot at the creek, lucky to make three from there, probably winding up with a four on the green. All because I thought I knew more than the course designer!

Does my golf experience remind you of any of your life experiences? Do you sometimes think you know more than the Life Designer about how to do life? And instead of following the preferred design for your life, strike out on your own as if you could do things you’re totally incapable of?

Let’s listen to life today and play life well as you make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home