Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Do you pass it on?"


I told you a few days ago about reconnecting with an old friend when my flight had a layover in his city. Then I told you that I missed my return flight and my wife reminded me how to listen to life so I sat down and wrote some stories for you. Next I told you how my later flight went back through my old friend’s city, but the connecting flight was full so my friend drove me to the airport in another city where I had left my car. I was so grateful for his generosity that I thanked God for my friend, and said, "God, give me a chance to pass on his kindness."

Well, as I sat writing you some stories on my laptop, I was connected to an outlet which meant I sat in an end seat near the wall. A guy sat down in the chair behind, then attempted to connect his laptop to the same outlet, but his power cord was too short. I said, "Here, take my seat. [It was closer.] My cord is longer and will reach from your seat."

"You would do that for me?" he said.

"Sure," I said with a smile. "Trust me—it’s a real privilege."

Pass on the kindness you receive as you make a life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home