Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, March 10, 2008

"What do you pay attention to?"


I recently received an email from a long-lost friend. In fact, he sat in on my very first radio show to assist me technically. I haven’t seen him in over 30 years so naturally, I replied to his email.

A few days later, he called and we talked for 30 minutes or so, really enjoying catching up even more. Then a week later, my wife realized that my flight schedule had me with a 3-hour layover in the city where this guy lives. "Call him," she said. "Your layover is at lunch so maybe he’s available."

So I did and he was. But how would we recognize each other? I called him when I landed. We arranged to meet at a certain location. He told me what kind of car he was driving and that’s how we knew each other. But as soon as I saw him, I knew him. Sure it had been 30 years, and his hair was gray and mine was gone, but his spirit and the forever things in life were the same.

Today pay attention not to hair and matters of appearance, but to matters of the heart, things like her laugh and his humor and those deep-searching eyes that God gives your friends as you make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home