Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

How often do you say, 'Thanks'?”


My mother really enjoyed cooking for us. My father, brother and I sat down most nights to a table overloaded with food, every bit of it delicious. I can only remember one time when we expressed anything but sheer delight at my mother’s meals and that was the one and only time she served us beef liver.

And even though I’m middle-aged now, and when I pull up to my mother’s table I’ve got a wife and two daughters with me, my mother’s table is still wonderful. There are at least two meat entrees, a multitude of vegetables, and she’s made a pie or cake. I believe my mother really enjoys cooking.

And growing up and even now, I enjoy eating her cooking. But I thought about it the other day and realized that I probably haven’t said "Thank you" enough for all the time and energy she put into all those years of cooking for me. Those times I did say it, I know she appreciated it. So Mama, thanks for all the great meals through the years.

Also, I thought about how just like my mother worked on my behalf and likes to hear thanks, God works to feed us, too. So thank God today as you make a life, and not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home