Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, March 02, 2008

"Do you ever have trouble communicating with God?"


A couple visited a lawyer about getting a divorce. And the lawyer asks the husband, "Do you have grounds?"
"We have about an acre and a half," says the husband.

"No, that’s not what I mean," says the lawyer. "Do you have a grudge?"

"No," says the husband, "we have an oversized carport."

"No, that’s not what I mean," says the lawyer and he changes his approach. "OK, does she beat you up?"

"Nope, I’m the first one up every morning," the husband says.

"So why do you want a divorce?" the lawyer asks in desperation.

"I don’t," the husband says. "My wife does. She says we have trouble communicating."

Do you ever have trouble communicating with your spouse or coworker or God? The key to excellent communication is listening first. Ask, "What do you want to say to me?"

Then listen to your life very carefully and watch your trouble go away as you make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home