Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, May 17, 2007

"Do you believe what goes around comes around?"


I’ll always remember the first time I threw a boomerang. I wasn’t really sure it would work at first. I mean I had seen them on TV, but never really thrown one before. I just flung it out there rather gently at first. And just "as seen on TV," it came back.

So I decided to throw it again, only a little harder this time. The boomerang went out further and higher, but it still came back to me and a little harder.

Well, of course, there was nothing else for me to do but to fling it really hard this time. The boomerang sailed way out, hung in the blue clear sky, and began its rapid descent towards me, at the same speed I had pitched it with. In fact, it was coming back so fast that I got out of the way for fear it would break my hand.
You know, life is like that boomerang. What goes around, comes around. And usually with the same effort and energy you put into it.

So be careful what you throw and how you throw it as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home