Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"Do you see what you’re looking for?"


One of our daughters had a friend coming over to visit. Her friend visits us regularly when she’s home from college so she’s been in our home lots of times.

We heard her drive up and anticipated her coming in. She’s such a regular at our home that we didn’t get up to open the door for her. It was already open anyway. At least we didn’t get up right away…

…the next sound we heard was that loud "Boom!" I got up and ran into the kitchen where I found her, standing just inside the door, holding her knee. And I said, "Sweetheart, what happened?"

And she said, "I ran into the glass door. I wasn’t looking for it so I didn’t see it."

We all laughed and a lot once we found out she was okay. But she was right about one thing—you see what you’re looking for. And if you’re not looking for it, you don’t see it. For instance, if you’re looking for the good things happening to you, you see them. If not, you don’t.

Today ask God to help you see those good things as you make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home