Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, May 03, 2007

"Who do you know?"


I was talking with one of my radio syndicators for the first time. You know, kind of a getting-to-know-you call. He had placed my show on a station and I called to thank him.

Now I don’t know about you, but when I’m talking with someone for the first time, I’m a little unsure of what to talk about. There’s no common ground. So I usually listen carefully and search for something we have in common. And I offer up life stuff about myself to prompt conversation.

Well, this time, I mentioned that my wife raises yellow Labs and knew immediately I had hit the paydirt of common ground here. He has a yellow Lab, Mitzi, whom he just adores. She has a great disposition, and don’t tell her that she’s a dog. She believes she’s a person!

And of course I then had to talk about Princess, Dutchess, Tessa, Lucy, and Jake—our yellow Labs. And after that it seemed like we were old buddies.

You’ll probably meet someone new today. Search for common ground. And know that God has been ahead of you to create your relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home