Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, May 13, 2007

"What will you draw on your blank page of today?"


The teacher of a three-year-old class asked each of the students to draw a picture of a snowman using just crayons, a blank piece of paper, and their imagination. Looking at the pictures, you’d never be able to guess what they were supposed to be and just glancing at the pictures they all looked about the same.

But under the pictures, the teacher wrote what each of the children said when asked to describe their picture. She hung them up on the hallway wall for everyone to see. Caroline said, "This is my snowman, me and my mommy making a snowman…why are you asking me this?" Vivian said, "This is a spider web. I don’t know how to draw a snowman. I will learn when I am bigger." And you’ve just got to love George and his picture. George drew three scribbled lines on his paper. When the teacher asked him to describe it, George said: "I don’t want to draw a snowman…I want to dance!"

Today, you’ll wonder why, or be asked to do something you can’t, or don’t want to do. Have fun…and dance if you get the chance as you make a life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home