Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, May 06, 2007

"Seen any woodpeckers lately?"


I told you about my having "one of those days" several weeks ago, and I asked God to send me a sign. God sent the most beautiful red-headed woodpecker you’ve ever seen and not just on that day, but every day since then.

Then a couple of weeks later, I told you about how I heard him hammering on the metal bird feeder, and thought, "Well, he’ll figure out he can’t get in on the side and stop." But he didn’t and I went out and discovered that the feeder was empty, teaching me another lesson as I listen to life.

Well, this sign-from-God-woodpecker is still showing up every day at that feeder. Only he’s not alone. He brings friends with him. In fact, he is joined by four other species of woodpeckers. They take turns munching from the feeder by hanging on the tree and leaning into the back of the feeder. One of them is small enough to hang from the feeder itself.

And I’ve noticed all of these woodpeckers flying over our farm. I guess they were there before, but I just didn’t notice them. So when you ask God for a sign, be prepared to get more than one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home