Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, May 21, 2007

"Are you ever alone?"


Do you ever get some time alone? I mean time just for yourself with nobody else around. Or, if there are people around, you don’t know any of them and don’t really have to interact with any of them. Ideally, such time is yours to be truly alone with no one else around.

This kind of time alone means you leave your laptop, phone, or Blackberry at your office. It means as much as you might love your family and friends, you’re away from them. It means no radio or TV. It means that you unplug and disengage. Do you ever get this kind of time alone?

The huge advantage I find in spending this kind of time alone is I am free to be me with God. No one else sets the agenda. No one else’s demands get in the way. I’m just me with God. I’m always more relaxed, focused, and productive after such times.

Time alone doesn’t just happen. You make it happen. Because you choose to be the best you possible. And that happens when you spend time alone with God and listen to life and make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home