Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"Have you been reset?"


My wife and I were at a concert and as she clapped her hands, a ring on her right hand struck her engagement ring on the left and the band snapped. You can imagine how bad I felt. The engagement ring I gave her broke, and after only about twenty-five years of her wearing it!

Well, I decided that getting the ring repaired would make a perfect upcoming anniversary gift. So I took it to a jeweler and the lady started showing me how thin the shoulders were on the ring, how the prongs were broken, and I smelled a sales pitch for a new ring coming on. Instead, she showed me a ring almost identical to my wife’s in which the diamond could be reset. I bought it and gave it to my wife on our anniversary at about the same time we arrived at our honeymoon spot all those years ago.

When our daughters saw the ring, they thought I’d given their mother a new ring. Amazing, isn’t it, how something old and worn, when reset, looks new? The same is true of you—give God your spirit, old and worn, and get it reset. You’ll feel and look new as you listen to life and make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home