Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

"Are you open?"


I travel out-of-town to speak to companies, associations, and other groups which means I fly some. And, of course, whether I like it or not, I have to check bags now more than previously. Now I don’t like checking my bags because occasionally something is lost, but sometimes I have no choice.

I stood in the baggage claim area of an airport one day, waiting for my bag to appear on the carousel. I noticed what I thought was my bag coming down the chute and making the turn toward me. I grabbed it up when it came by and went on my way.

As I carried the bag, it seemed heavier than I remembered it. At first, I just thought I was tired from the flight. But it really seemed way too heavy. I stopped and looked for my tag. There was no tag. So I opened the bag…and didn’t recognize a thing in it. It looked like my bag on the outside, but on the inside it was completely different.We’re like that, too.

We can look the same on the outside, but you don’t really know us until you get to know us on the inside. Open up, as you listen to life today and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home