Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"Are you a grumpy early bird or a happy on-time bird?"


Now I know being on time is important. But you may remember me telling you before that I don’t wear a watch anymore. My car has a clock in it. My phone has a clock on it. My friends wear watches. There are wall clocks everywhere. So I generally stay on time.

One thing I’ve noticed is that some people arrive way ahead of time, just to be early, and then stand around waiting for everyone else to show up. Or, they sit, looking rather grumpy, wandering why others didn’t show up early like they did.

Other people come in right around the time the event is to start or even a couple of minutes after. They waltz in the room, speak to the others, and are ready to go.

As I’m listening to life, it seems to me that the people who aren’t so early, the ones who come in right around time for the event to start are a lot happier than the people who arrive early. The early birds might catch the worms, but the other birds are catching a happier, more satisfied life. Which are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home