Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, October 26, 2006

"How's your driving?"


Last month, I shared a story with you about a recent experience I had driving down the road, staring at my air-conditioning indicator light; trying to make sure it stayed on so I could remain cool. I was a driving hazard to myself and others rather than just getting it fixed.

That story prompted a story through our website at www.listentolife.org from a friend in Honduras. He wrote to say they drive a little differently in Honduras than what I mentioned. What I might consider hazardous driving is pretty common in his part of Honduras—passing on mountain curves, driving at night without any headlights, and they just passed a law prohibiting children from riding in the front passenger seat of a pickup truck…but you can put up to twenty-five children and adults in the back bed of a pickup truck. He seemed to suggest that my driving might fit better in Honduras than in the U.S., you think?

Wherever and however you’re driving today, remember one really important law of the road: Keep your eyes on God who goes ahead of you to prepare the way as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home