Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"Have you put off something just because you haven’t taken the time to think about it?"


Do you put off something that brings you and your loved ones joy just because you haven’t thought about it? Or don’t have it on your schedule? And are too rigid to depart from it?

I racked my brain, trying to come up with the perfect gift for our anniversary this year. It was our 24th and I didn’t want to sacrifice something nice just because next year is “a big one.” I even asked a friend what she thought. I went to the mall, the jewelry store, but I just couldn’t seem to make something fit.

So I sat down and thought of all of the meaningful times we’d enjoyed. That’s when it hit me. There’s a cabin up in the mountains we’ve always said we wanted to go back to and never had. So I called the proprietor, made reservations for the peak of the autumn leaf colors, created my own certificate telling her what we would do and put it in her anniversary card. She loved it!

What have you been putting off that you’ve said you’ll enjoy with someone special? One of the keys to listening to life and making a life, not just a living is to do these kinds of activities. Ask God to show you the way today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home