Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

"Are you enjoying life?"


My office and studio are in a building on our farm. One window overlooks our backyard where our yellow Labs that we raise play.

So as I’m sitting here, writing these stories for you, I hear the puppies barking and playing and having a great time. But then there’s a noise I don’t recognize so I look up from my monitor to see what it is.
Evidently when my wife fed the Labs that morning, she left one of the food pans in a pup’s kennel. The pup had brought it out, flipped it over, and was pushing it with her nose all over the yard. Her sisters were ganging up on her, trying to steal it from her so they could push it around. The noise was the puppies banging the pan, stealing it from each other.

They were having the time of their young lives by simply pushing a pan around! I’m watching them and I think, "Wouldn’t it be great if all of us enjoyed the simple pleasures of life like that? Had a ball just pushing a pan around?"

You can enjoy those simple pleasures today, you know. Just ask God to leave a pan out for you as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home