Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, November 07, 2005

"Are you nice, even in the fast food drive-thru?"

I was returning home from an out-of-town speaking engagement. It was supper-time so I stopped by a fast food restaurant to get a sandwich to eat on the road. I decided to go through the drive-thru. And boy was that a mistake!

That was absolutely one of the longest waits I’ve ever had in a drive-thru. I’m normally a patient person, but I was looking around for a phone number to call and complain. I was planning to approach the window and say something crass like, “Congratulations! You’ve redefined the meaning of ‘fast food!’”

But there was no number and I decided against saying something crass. I just handed over my money and took my bag and drink. As I put my drink in the cup holder, the top came off. Well, it was so full that I was afraid to just drive off with the top off. And I couldn’t get it to stay on. And impatient people waited behind me.

The kind waitress said, “Let me put another top on it for you, sir.” And I thought, “If she’s been this nice to everyone, I don’t mind the wait at all.”

Be nice as you listen to life and make a life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home