Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, October 24, 2005

"Is there a purpose for every season?"

Have you noticed with the change of seasons comes less daylight? When I get up in the mornings, it’s dark. There’s just not as much daylight now.

I understand all about the earth’s rotation and the seasons and distance from the sun. But somehow having less daylight affects me. I feel more tired at the end of the day, because it gets dark so much earlier. In the summer, when it’s light until nine some evenings, I go home and work in the yard or cut the grass. I have all kinds of energy. Now it seems like I’m ready for bed by nine.

I guess there’s a rhythm to life, isn’t there? A beat that is fast sometimes and slow others. There’s a purpose to every season. I mean I couldn’t work forever at a summer pace. So maybe the purpose of fall is to slow you down a bit, to get you to back off of the throttle for a while and coast a little more, to help you remember to breathe deeply, to force you to find a lower gear.

Find your rhythm in this season, hopefully a slower pace, and enjoy this season for what it is as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

4 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr Joey,
I have been reading your blogs for abt week. I came across it while searching for "make a life, not a living" on Google. The phrase is a title of Ron Jenson's book. I was looking for similar sites and came across yours. I am hoping to come up with a blog just like yours, talking abt life and focusing on the really impt things.
Dr Joey, one other thing, have you considered using RSS feds to publicise your blogs and make it easier for readers to keep up with your postings?

Regards,
Chonz
ngchonhsing@gmail.com

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Joey- Your message was a blessing to me today. I too feel like some of the exuberance of my day has drained with the coming of shortened fall daylight. Now I remember that the 'teacher' in Ecclesiastes really hit hit the nail on the head. Amen.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Listen To Life said...

I'm not familiar with Jenson's book, but you will find my three books of stories at my website, www.listentolife.org. My latest, LISTEN TO LIFE LIKE A CHILD, just released a couple of weeks ago. They are filled with stories like these that help you listen to your life.

I'm very humbled that you're reading these stories. Let me know if I can help you with your blog. I'll be glad to post as you desire.

I've passed on your suggestion to my friend who helps with our Net stuff. Thanks for your help!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Listen To Life said...

Hi Cathie!

Thanks for your post! Yep, there really is a rhythm to life, built in so we can enjoy life to the fullest! The Creative Design of Life is absolutely incredible, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home