Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, November 03, 2005

"What should you do?"

I don’t remember exactly who I was listening to, but I think it was either a politician or a preacher. One of them was talking about what we ought to do about a certain situation. “You ought to do this…” he said. “You should do that…” he went on. I kept listening, hoping to hear something other than what I ought to or should do; struggling for any tidbit of encouragement or advice about how I could actually do what I was being told I ought to do. But none ever came. So there I was left hanging between what I ought to do and how to do it.

It’s amazing how often that happens, isn’t it? For instance, at work, do you ever tell someone they ought to do or to have done something differently only to realize later, they didn’t know how to do it? Or does it happen at home with your spouse or child?

Put yourself in that person’s place today as you listen to life. Ask yourself, “What would I like to know besides what I ought to do?” Then answer your question.

And that’s one way to listen to life and make a life, not just a living!

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Listen To Life said...

Your phrase, "Just make it happen!" reminds me of STAR TREK: NEXT GENERATION Captain Jean Luc Picard who was fond of saying, "Make it so!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home