Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, October 27, 2005

"Can you really eat half the sugar and get the same great taste?"

I’m sure you’re like me when it comes to food—we’re all trying to watch what we eat a little more carefully these days. Even eating healthy foods requires us to read labels.

For instance, I eat a bowl of oatmeal every morning. I really like the apple and cinnamon flavor. It’s good for me, right? Yea, well, then I’m in the grocery store one day and I notice that my favorite oatmeal now has a “Half the sugar, same great taste!” variety. I compare the amount of sugars in the two and discover that I’ve really been eating more sugar than I wanted.


So I get the “Half the sugar, same great taste!” version and the next morning fix some. Nope, it doesn’t have the same great taste. It can’t because they cut the sugar in half and sugar tastes good. But, it does still taste good enough, and I’m eating less sugar, so for me, it’s worth trading the sugar for a taste that’s almost as good.Life is full of choices and choices involve sacrifice.

Sacrifice is a good thing if in the end, you make a life and not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home