Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, August 01, 2005

"What's your life passion?"

A friend and I were eating together in one of our favorite restaurants. It’s near his office so its convenient for him, and we both love the food there. The food reminds me of my grandmother’s cooking. Not only is the food really good, but we know the ladies who run it and always enjoy seeing them.

Well, on this day, we were both complementing the lady waiting on us, telling her how good the food was and how much we enjoyed being there. She cooks and waits tables. And she said, “Well, I’ll tell you what: I may go broke one day, but I’ll never be hungry.” We all laughed together and told her, “I believe you!”

So many of us fear going broke, focusing most if not all of our waking hours on just making a living. But while making a living is a good thing and necessary, there are some things that are more important—like finding your passion and doing it as a part of making a life. That’s obviously what this lady has done and she’s loving it. And you can, too! Listen to life and make a life today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home